Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Upgrade from EPU-CH

Options
wtsang01
wtsang01 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2022 in Thermostats and Controls
Hi,

I am from NYC and a 12 unit old building owner. Each apt has steam radiator. Our Heating control ( EPU-CH ) fires on the boiler during heating season and adjusts the ON OFF based on temp sensors.

I am wondering if anyone knows a upgrade from this EPU-CH system as the motor keeps breaking which repair costs 500$+ each season. I do see some posts recommend tekmar but I don't know which model has the same wires so I can plug in from the old ones. Wifi enabled is a plus but not required. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 975
    Options
     time to upgrade to the platinum. 
  • Danny_G
    Danny_G Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I'm also a building owner in NYC with multiple buildings running controls through the HeatTimer EPU or EPU-CH. A viable digital option and cheaper, but reliable unit I've been looking at is the Tekmar 279. Wiring should be similar and easy to do.

Message me if you have any questions, would like to connect with someone in a similar position.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    I've been installing the MPC Platinum for building owners the past few years and everyone seems to love them. If they go for the remote operation option they typically ask me to remain on to make changes at their request. The online dashboard is impressive. That said, it doesn't need it. The control works great as a standalone device.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes