Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a contractor to powerflush

Options
Hansrob
Hansrob Member Posts: 2
Hello! I think I need a good powerflush of my system to fix some non circulating lines on my Onyx radiant heat. Is that something all/most contractors will do? Or do I need to look for someone specific? I am in the mid Hudson valley in NY state. Thanks!

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Most heating contractors dont have a flush cart. they should be able to rent one.
    Hansrob
  • Hansrob
    Hansrob Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Kcopp!  Any ideas where we can rent one? I checked the orange store but they don't seem to have one. 
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 833
    Options
    It would have to be a plumbing and heating supply house. F.W. Webb rents them. It's generally not considered a DIY type project Maybe a business that is a tool and equipment rental would have one.
    I have a client with lots of Onyx pipe loops embedded in the floor of a large house. I tried flushing the loops about 5 years ago. Horror show. I used a 1 hp submersible well pump in a 55 gal barrel as my "flush cart." I had to abandon two loops that were permanently clogged. I tried pumping from both directions. I saved some of the sludge I got out of the other loops, let it dry out and it was a big pile of brown rusty powder. What can I say beyond that? Keep it going as long as you can.
  • J. WALTER BOOTH
    J. WALTER BOOTH Member Posts: 21
    Options

We have been having the same issue with jobs in upper NYS and we found most of them are on well systems with iron oxcide attaching all the ferrous metal. had to move one system to copper tube boiler and order SS expansion tank. Will be curious to see what you find.