Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The new incentive package

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
explained by the ACCA folks.

I see they added a part based on income.

I'll certainly jump on the insulation incentive, my attic has 25 year old insulation spec, about 6-8"

https://hvac-blog.acca.org/inflation-reduction-act-passes-in-senate-what-does-this-mean-for-hvacr/
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 588
    Options
    I had similar attic insulation , about 6". The ceiling would feel warm in the summer.
    Had R50 blown in on top of it, what a difference.
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    Options
    I'm now going to hold off on a lot of upgrades until the beginning of next year because of this. Lots of goodies in there for folks with older homes. 

I too have only 5-6" of insulation in my attic. Actually tomorrow I'm getting a quote for spray foam I wasn't too serious about it since the last time the quote was nearly five figures with a different company but maybe now it might be worth it. And since electrical upgrades and insulation is included in this act. Ya'll can bet your butts I'm going to look real close to see if I can work it into the budget. I need to replace the k&t wiring and want to insulate the whole house. 

Also only a week and a half until my new storms get installed. 
  • Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 588
    Options
    I bet the usual will happen. Sudden demand for upgrades (on top of the existing high demand for fuel saving upgrades) shoots the prices up, eating away a noticeable chunk of the predicted savings.
    Our blown in R50 was a hair under 4 figures for 1000 sqft plus those soffit tray vent thingies, but that was about 5 years ago.
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.