Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old Bell Gossett Pump

todd_14
todd_14 Member Posts: 18
I have 2 old B&G pumps that are Factory GREEN - not red.  They are model PV-5.  Vertical marathon motors supported on on springs. 
Can anybody tell me approx year and supply a link to original catalog and pump curves? 

I also have an old B&G pump with a horizontal 1/6 hp motor.   It has a 189103 bearing assembly.  How do I determine the actual pump model? 

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    The horizontal motor pump looks like it has some #s on it. @DanHolohan is the expert on those pumps maybe he will respond
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I believe that is their PD pump. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Horizontal kinda looks like an LD 2-1/2 or 3 but as Dan says maybe a Pd. Never seen the B&G old vertical, worked on many old Thrush and Edward's verticals. Pretty cool.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    It should have LD Or PD cast into veloute. Or just 2 1/2. We still stock 100s of parts for b&g parts and fix them weekly. They really were good pumps. Maybe not the.most efficient but long lived. All parts for red pump still available. Pump motors although are $$$ for a 1/6 hp motor comparatively to cartridge circs.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I'm going by the bearing assembly. I recall the PD used that one. Gotta stretch my memory pretty far to pull that one out.
    Retired and loving it.
  • nekdahl
    nekdahl Member Posts: 12
    The old B&G P1-5 was a 1/6 HP horizontal pump with a 4 bolt circular flange 1-1/4". I have never seen a vertical version of it before. The earliest B&G Forced Circulation boosters were horizontal with the direction of flow from the sides instead of top to bottom so I guess it wasn't much of a stretch to mount them vertically. amazing to see the OG B&G Logo on that pump! A modern B&G HV Series circulator would replace it, the performance will be close enough. Note that the modern 1-1/4" flange is oval two bolt. The second pump is a much more modern 2 NFI with an all bronze bearing assembly used as a replacement. Assuming both applications are for heating and not plumbing. Also assuming from the age of this post that this has all been resolved by now.
    Nick Ekdahl, CPD, GPDDirector of Training & EducationDawson Company