Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mclain

newboiler
newboiler Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Gas Heating
I'm in the process of purchasing a new boiler. Any feedback on the Weil Mclain Ultra 155 vs. Eco tec 150 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    edited July 2022
    Stay away from the Ultra models. 
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    Have you considered anything other than Weil McLain? I'm told that Velocity Boiler Works (formerly Crown Boiler) makes a nice product and has great customer support.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    I understand the comments about Ultra's because of the aluminum hx's, but I have about 40 out there that have been plugging along for 15 years or more! Very few problems, and easy to work on. Aluminum is a bummer, you will need to swap Hx over time depending on your water quality
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Tom_133 said:
    I understand the comments about Ultra's because of the aluminum hx's, but I have about 40 out there that have been plugging along for 15 years or more! Very few problems, and easy to work on. Aluminum is a bummer, you will need to swap Hx over time depending on your water quality
    Keeping up on the Sentinel inhibitor helps. And with the Series 4 eliminating the stainless exhaust and going with poly out of the block. Providing a drip tube so the condensate goes directly to the drain rather than pool at the bottom of the block. I'm not really pro or con. Theres just a lot of them around by me and they've improved a lot.