Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien Water Heater

Options
MJP1579
MJP1579 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Domestic Hot Water
I am having an issue with a lot of air in my hot water side of my water in ever faucet in my house for the last 3 weeks. I haven’t seen any water leaks anywhere and or been able to locate any leaks. 
I have the instant hot system that circulates the water to all the outlets and after I use the water I can hear air gurgling in the pipes at the highest point in the house. Any ideas?? 

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Hi, A few questions for you. What is the source of water... municipal or well? What is the static water pressure, that is when no water is running? Are there any tanks in the system? And finally, did anything change about three weeks ago?

Yours, Larry
    MJP1579
  • MJP1579
    MJP1579 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022
    Options
    There are no tanks in the house and nothing has changed other than it’s warmed up outside. They did flush the lines a few weeks back but I would think all the air would be out by now if any got in the lines. We have a community well and nobody else in the neighborhood has this issue. 

I’m not sure of the static water pressure I would have to try and get a gauge to measure this. 

They flushed the lines because we were getting a lot of brown water in the neighborhood. 
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thanks, This is a simple thing to try and there is a chance it could help :p Try removing aerators from faucets and then run them full open, so you get as high a flow through the lines as possible. This should flush out the air that's there now. If the problem stays gone, great! If not, more investigation is needed to see where the air or gas is coming from.

Yours, Larry

ps, Your community likely has a big storage tank and water is delivered by gravity to the homes. Any idea how many feet below that tank you are? This is a way to get an idea what the static water pressure at your house is.

pps. Your Navian heater likely has a screen at its inlet. That might have debris in it now, which would hurt flow. Try cleaning it.
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes