Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Entryway vestibule - baseboard sizing

mikehvac
mikehvac Member Posts: 11
Looking to heat my entryway vestibule, approximately 5.25 x 7.3 x 9 feet high. 3 exterior walls since it’s a vestibule with a few windows, brick exterior, little to no insulation. Doesn’t have to be as hot as the rest of the house, I don’t want to add much to already high heating bills, just don’t want it to be freezing in the NY winter. 

Currently have hydronic baseboard and radiators in the house and there’s already a pipe running through the vestibule so should be easy to add. 

Any recommendation on sizing? Considering runtal baseboard units, either 2ft (1200 BTU), 2.5ft (1500 BTU), or 3ft (1800 btu). 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    I recommend to do the math . Look up heat loss calculation . SlanFin has a free one on their site which also sells baseboard
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    So a mix of fin tube, radiators, and panel rads?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • mikehvac
    mikehvac Member Posts: 11
    Yes diff zones though. The zone in question would just be baseboard. Will take a look at the calculators but any rough suggestions on the length/size would be appreciated 
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    Either do a room load calc, or use the largest one, add a TRV and let it have it's own control.If it is your main entry that gets used a lot, no harm in having the larger of the 3 sizes you mentioned.
    it would be a hard space to get an exact load number with the door opening often.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream