Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

150,000 dunkirk steam boiler

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
Almost done with this project, helping another plumber

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    If those two drops I see are counter flow drips they should tied together below the water . At least this would be my preference as the way I do it ,it may work with out issue but in my book all main drip and or dry returns should be joined well below the water line . Other wise nice pipe in a tight space .peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    Thanks clammy, actually I am going to separate them , but the far one I’m going to run straight into the return side of the boiler on other side of it……
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    I would always pipe my drips into my wet return before the Hartford loop ,not into the boilers block before the Hartford it may leave to issues . I have seen it done the way u suggest but I stick to the book there’s nothing worse then takin* a short cut and then doing some free repiping due to taking a easier route . It’s hard to tell from the pics but generally I just chop the supplies off and just repipe and feed them from the top if there’s space or into the side on the vertical drip . To some it may seem over kill but when your customer is paying and wants it right the first time it make zero sense to take short cuts ,I stick to what has always worked for me w no issue and usually when it done it’s a night and day difference . As always it always cost more to do it right but always cheaper then re doing some one else wrong doing . There’s no discount or great price for feeling sorry for a wrongly piped system it either pay the piper , live w it or as heard 1 million times we are moving only to get a call 2 years later and-unlike wine it gotten no better and certainly not any cheaper on material or labor and to tell the truth there no sorrow felt by me at all and by my price , I have to eat also .
    Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    I hear yea…….. thanks for the thoughts