Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

American Standard Arcoliner

Dale_B
Dale_B Member Posts: 2
Removing an old American Standard Arcoliner system, plan to scrap it but seems to good of quality to scrap. Any interest or value in a 50's 3B J3 series oil fired boiler?

Comments

• Dale_B
    Dale_B Member Posts: 2
    Boiler is WO 351 3B J3 vintage 1953
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    No. Just $.10/pound or whatever the scrap yard is paying.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,828
    edited April 2022
    I remember thinking the same thing whenever I found a pre-1950s boiler in great shape. I hated taking those old boilers out of the basement. I was happy to get the cash from the scrapyard though.

I would thing to myself "This would be a great museum piece. I learned to work on heaters when these were heating homes in the 1970s. Someone might like to see this some day... NOT!"
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,630

I remember thinking the same thing whenever I found a pre-1950s boiler in great shape. I hated taking those old boilers out of the basement. I was happy to get the cash from the scrapyard though.

I would thing to myself "This would be a great museum piece. I learned to work on heaters when these were heating homes in the 1970s. Someone might like to see this some day... NOT!"

well they will but only after we've destroyed almost all of them.
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    Boat anchor? crazy heavy...