Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

replace old honeywell S8600m to new S8610U fan motor won't turn on after flame

anhle
anhle Member Posts: 4
I replace the old faulty honeywell s8600m ignition module with new S8610U module, got flame and everything, but when call for fan run it failed and shut off after get too hot . fan time delay is Heatcraft model FTC-EHO1. put the old module back in tap it slightly ignited got flame then fan run. new module do not get the fan run . why ? please help

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    need a few pictures. is this a warm air furnace and the indoor blower motor wont run? or the combustion air blower?
  • anhle
    yes it is a force air furnace down in the basement
  • anhle

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Shut the power off. Put a temp jumper between common & NO on the heat craft time delay. Leave the yellow & Brown? wires on the Heatcraft Pull them part way off so you can get a jumper wire on the terminals. Turn the power on and see if the fan runs.

Do not leave it that way
  • anhle
    if it runs is that mean the time delay ok , if not the heatcraft is gone right ? 
    Thx 
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    your missing 24v to module , From where does the fan time gets it's 24v
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • xarmyskip
    xarmyskip Member Posts: 2
    I have this exact furnace and the same problem. I had an intermittent s8600m. Had to put it back in for the fan to work. With the s8610u it all starts up fine except for the blower motor. If I disconnect limit on the heatcraft and reconnect the blower starts up in a few seconds. I'm on my second s8610u.  One thing..with the s86 installed .when the spark starts there's 24v on the PV an a fluctuating 9-12V on the MV.. a few seconds later 24V. Could that be messing the blower timer up?

Need help.
  • xarmyskip
    xarmyskip Member Posts: 2
    The blower fan gets its 24v for the start timer from MV on the controller