Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aprilaire Resedential Steam humidifier 800 Fire

Options
Brian07
Brian07 Member Posts: 1
Has anyone seen the can spontaneously catch on fire? 
tigerjazz5

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Options
    I have installed 2 of them

but they were bought by the customer... I remember their series 5000 air cleaner units were recalled for catching fire too...

I like the honeywell true steam, I think they are going to be the "go to" humidifier for me, I recently got back a proposal for 2 Armstrong 97mv's with 2 tru steams, 2 ec1 coils, and 2 18ls heatpumps, the customer specifically asked for aprilaire steam humidifiers and filters but I talked them into the honeywells {with out mentioning the fire issue, lol}, and standard aluminum body electrostatic {washable} x1" filters...
  • Steve5252
    Steve5252 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I saw this posting - Did you actually have one catch fire.
    Here is a picture from last week of one we installed about 3 years ago.

Staztigerjazz5
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Inside looks similar to the canisters Liebert uses on their small systems. Ran those on 480V for years without issues. We found that adding a softener cartridge would roughly quadruple the life of the canisters.
  • tigerjazz5
    tigerjazz5 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Mine caught fire too after 10 years of usage. Is there an avenue to get it addressed? Is there a recall?
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Mine caught fire too after 10 years of usage. Is there an avenue to get it addressed? Is there a recall?
    10 years of usage? How was it maintained? Did you replace the canister annually? Your warranty is up, there's no recall that I am aware of. These humidifiers have been great in my experience. 
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    Is the honeywell made by honewell? I seem to find a lot of stuff branded otherwise that says research products on the inside.