Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Balancing Manifold ?

Options
tboehm
tboehm Member Posts: 10
in another post some may have noticed that my idiot sub contractor has screwed my my heating system and crossed lines and messed up so many other thing that Im just livid. That being said, I believe that he didn't pay enough attention to the distance of the run length on the lines so the system isn't heating evenly and properly. I was told by a friend that there are manifolds that actually show the flow through them and allow you to balance the individual lines. I need a 6 line manifold but need recommendations and thoughts on this. Who manufactures the best manifold that accomplish this. If you have a link for the specific one you would recommend would be appreciated. Are they reliable and pros and cons of this fix. Thanks again to all the help. God Bless

Comments

• HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    Options
    There are many manifolds on the market, but I like Caleffi twist flow manifolds. There are many thing that could create uneven heating, balancing is just one.
    tboehm
  • tboehm
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I was looking at the uponor one. Looking for more info or comments about reliability, long term, bomb proof. Are there any cons to using them? Does it matter about stainless steel vs the Caleffi, I won’t buy one of the plastic ones
  • tboehm
    Options
    I just found another at a local supplier. MRPEX, and CROSS from another. THe cross is 2x the price. WHY and it that so much better? I could really use some help here guys. Is this really a ford Chevy thing ? Thanks for any thoughts or help. God Bless