Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heat Reflectors

Options
JakeCK
JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
Any data on the effectiveness of foil faced polyiso or any other type reflective surface placed behind a radiator? Was thinking of buying some and cutting them to size and placing them behind the radiators. I've read about people doing that in the past but I've never read any solid data on it. I can't imagine it would hurt but I don't know if it would have any payback or increase the comfort of the room/house?

Comments

• PC7060
    PC7060 Member Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I found the foil face poly iso-board to be pretty effective provided you have the required air gap. Should work well behind the radiator you can get the bosses permission. I don’t think my wife will be thrilled about that shiny surface behind the radiators.  :disappointed:
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    Options
    PC7060 said:
    I found the foil face poly iso-board to be pretty effective provided you have the required air gap. Should work well behind the radiator provided you can get the bosses permission. I don’t think my wife will be thrilled about that shiny surface behind the radiators.
    Lucky for me something like that wouldn't bother my boss. lol
    PC7060
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    Yes as long as it will take the temp. Baseray CI baseboard says in their install instructions to put insulation and a reflector behind their baseboard before installation