Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens 200 Question

netkick
netkick Member Posts: 9
I just got a Viessmann Vitodens 200 installed.  Can anyone tell me what the "Operating hrs" means under the Information > General menu.  The number reported there doesn't seem to be how long it's been powered on for and I don't think makes sense for how long the burner has been active....so wondering what it's reporting.

Comments

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
    I think you must be in the program of Operational Hours/Allowed time span of heat production without setback..It is probably in Military time..
    What kind of heat distribution do you have Radiant or Baseboard ?
  • netkick
    I think you must be in the program of Operational Hours/Allowed time span of heat production without setback..It is probably in Military time.. What kind of heat distribution do you have Radiant or Baseboard ?
    I apologize but I'm not understanding this comment.  Under the Information > General menu, there is something that says "Operating hrs" and it says 68h.  I interpret this to mean that something has been running for 68 hours but I'm trying to figure out what that's reporting.

I have two zone circuits setup in the boiler, one with radiant and baseboards using outdoor reset, and another with a Hydro air system using a fixed 166 degree setup.  There is also an indirect DHW tank with priority.

None of the zones appear to have been running all that much when I'm home and observing, it's been unseasonably warm recently.  So, 68 hours since the boiler was installed a little over a week ago seems inconsistent to me and therefore I'm wondering more about what it means.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,976
    edited November 2021
    It could be that Viessmann tested it for 40 hours before sending it out.

Is it the new B2HE model?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • netkick
    edited November 2021
    It could be that Viessmann tested it for 40 hours before sending it out. Is it the new B2HE model?
    But it's not just the total number of hours that doesn't seem to make sense, even the day to day change is more than I would expect.... thus trying to understand what it's actually reporting.

It's the B2HB model.