Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler. Cleaning failed. Is my boiler ok

I recently hired a. Company to come clean the boiler they couldn’t do it., after struggling to get all the screws off, the plate under the hood on top of  the heat. Exchanger  wouldn’t come Off because the wing nuts were jammed, the tech  beat and hammered at this. Wing nut for an hour before quitting and when he was done he left the nut loose  he put furnace cement on the sides then put the hood back so my question is, is putting cement. There normal? He said he was doing it because it was moving around a lot  and it’s. Standard to do it,  I’m afraid he possibly cracked my boiler with all the force ?
and. Is it ok to leave that. Wing nut. Loose it’s for the cover on top of the heat exchanger…/

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Pictures of the damage and the overall system would help. Just click on the picture icon above. 

Is this a modern system or a relic?

Furnace cement can be a temporary solution until the proper repair is done. 
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    We need pictures to answer your question effectively.

In previous threads we asked for pictures to adequately answer your questions, but you have never responded and never posted them.  Due to the lack of response on previous posts I’m a bit confused if you are here for actual help with your issues, or just here to complain about your troubles.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    No one here has x-ray vision
    bucksnort
  • I’m sorry this is the first time I’ve ever received notification I always thought no one was answering. My questions.. now that. I see it I will respond on the. Other post And this post I will get Pictures but It’s under the hood I will have to open it, the Only damage I saw was. A broke/ loose. Wing nut he slapped furnace. Cement on very fast and closed it up , thanks for the responses now I no to look here 
  • I no it seems like no big on deal to open it but the tech had such a hard time taking all the screws Out it took him an hour to get the hood off he blamed It on being a crown so pics coming soon as possible 
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576
    @joehenderson1987 , If you click the little ribbon thing at the upper right of this thread it will notify you when someone posts to it.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks, @mattmia2. And @joehenderson1987, here are some tips on how to set your system notifications: https://heatinghelp.com/forum-user-manual
    President
    HeatingHelp.com