Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any parts still available for MZ Monitor? (even used?)

Luke_Lefever
Luke_Lefever Member Posts: 10
edited November 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
I have a Monitor MZ-25C that I installed about 20 years ago. It's been running flawlessly. I took it apart this season for a clean and check. Several parts are showing some significant wear and tear. My local supply house states that they can no longer find parts. All google searches seem to go nowhere.

I'd like to find a couple spare parts before they are completely unobtainable. Namely, draft inducer, flame probe and spark electrodes. The rest of the parts seem to be more off-the-shelf.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Luke Lefever,
formerly of Lefever Plumbing and Heating, Inc.
Elkhart, IN

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,979
    edited November 2021
    Budney Fuel Oil (Replacement Parts Supply) Talk to Robbie (800)597-6484. I ordered these in 2018:
    Monitor #9056 strainer
    Monitor #9078 return manifold gasket
    Monitor #9010 automatic air vent
    Monitor #9012 Expansion tank (8 liter)
    Monitor #9037 sealing washer
    Monitor #9003 flame probe
    Monitor #9004 Ignitor
    Monitor #9057 condensate trap
    Monitor #9056 strainer screen
    Monitor #9021 air pressure switch
    Monitor #9011 relief valve

I installed 12 of them in 2000 and only one survives. Funny that you post this today as the owner of the one that's left got in touch with me this morning with a "no heat" call.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Luke_Lefever
  • Luke_Lefever
    Thanks Alan, I'll call Robbie.

If he doesn't have access to parts any longer, I'd be willing to buy a take out ''leaker'' just to cannibalize for parts.
  • Luke_Lefever
    Talked with Robbie. He has access to the flame probe and the ignitor. Neither is ridiculously expensive. But, he did laugh when I asked about the draft fan.

Mine is working very well, but it won't last forever. If anyone has a used one they'd be willing to sell, I'd like to have a spare.

It's either that or need to change the boiler out entirely when the fan finally does fail.
  • Luke_Lefever
    I have sourced the flame probe and the ignitor assembly.

Still hoping to find a draft inducer. Anyone have one used they want to part with?
  • Art_Haines
    Art_Haines Member Posts: 1
    I have one that i just took off line after 20 years and a few spare parts. I can ship it to you. I threw away the covers. You just pay shipping. cost
    i am in Norridgewock Maine.
    kcoppLuke_Lefever
  • Luke_Lefever

I have one that i just took off line after 20 years and a few spare parts. I can ship it to you. I threw away the covers. You just pay shipping. cost
    i am in Norridgewock Maine.

I'm most interested in the draft inducer. I'll message you my address. Thanks Art!
    rick in Alaska
  • onsights
    onsights Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting ready to decommission an MZ25S. Leaky and had a dead flame sensor. Anyone want to buy parts off of it?
    Luke_Lefever
  • Luke_Lefever

I'm still looking for a draft inducer. Mine's still hanging on, but the bearings are starting to make more noise than they used to. I'm soon at a point where I need to make a decision about limping it along or installing something new.

• Treebeard
    Treebeard Member, Email Confirmation Posts: 17

Parts are available from Tom Stayer at Captured Energy Solutions. 717-235-9983

kcoppAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    I have bought some parts from Tom Stayer before I think. Helpful.
  • MarkRad
    MarkRad Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    Luke, you could try Tom Stayer at Captured Energy Solutions. I think they have the new OEM fan. 

I’ve just gotten the 3 Bar #9011 over-pressure relief valve, flame ring, etc. Very reasonable. The Stayer’s seem to have access to the European distributor for the manufacturer’s current parts for very similar boilers. 

They seem outstanding folk, have a great stock of MZ parts. Tom apparently worked with Pete Caruso at Monitor. 
  • Luke_Lefever
    Thanks for the suggestion Mark. My previous boiler now lives at the scrap yard, so I no longer am tracking down parts. It became evident to me that as parts became harder and harder to find- it was time to cut my losses. If anyone else is trying to keep one alive, hopefully your suggestion is useful to them. Cheers!