Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weekend Project: Radiator Makeover

Jakek
Jakek Member Posts: 55
Instead of enjoying the nice weather I stayed inside this weekend and painted a radiator and fixed up the corner of the room at the same time. Pictures below for anyone interested. (The wall color is unchanged despite how it looks.)

The plan was to bring the radiator outside and spray it but we could only make it to the middle of the room so it was brushed instead. Not a perfect job and not fun but I'm overall pleased with the outcome. I haven't turned on the boiler for the year so here's hoping for no leaks.

Crissiegarrettgjpdelcrossv

Comments

• dennis53
    dennis53 Member Posts: 58
    Nice job, what did you use for paint?
    Dennis
  • Jakek
    Jakek Member Posts: 55
    Thanks. I looked for the Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo that was mentioned in the "How to paint a radiator" article but I wasn't able to find it locally and didn't want to order.

I ended up using Behr Urethane Alkyd in Satin. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase. Time will tell how well it holds up but this is a guest room so it shouldn't see much abuse.

Two coats and used a bit more than 1/3 Quart.
    mjstrawPC7060fxrgrunt
  • fxrgrunt
    fxrgrunt Member Posts: 157
    Jakek said:
    Thanks. I looked for the Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo that was mentioned in the "How to paint a radiator" article but I wasn't able to find it locally and didn't want to order. I ended up using Behr Urethane Alkyd in Satin. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase. Time will tell how well it holds up but this is a guest room so it shouldn't see much abuse. Two coats and used a bit more than 1/3 Quart.
    Looks good. The satin black makes it modern yet still classic looking.