Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dead Men Tales: Henry's Law

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited August 2021 in THE MAIN WALL

Henry's Law

Consider this story the next time you’re installing an air separator, or wondering why the air keeps coming out of that compression tank.

Listen and subscribe here.

Thank you to our sponsor SupplyHouse.com.

Comments

• dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Options
    Great story.
    The key you mentioned was pumping away and how successful the Spiro vent is in removing air continuously from a water heating system when installed on an air separator.

As to Henry's law I learned that in my chemistry class at Brooklyn Technical High School 65 years ago. An item that was long forgotten because I had no use for it then.

What is so important to remember is if we don't learn something when we need it we will always pack it away somewhere in the brain and never find it till someone like you re-teaches the science.

Jake
  • cubbydog
    cubbydog Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I have read most of your books and I would have bet you were talking bout Boyles law!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    @cubbydog, thanks for reading me.

Boyle's Law is different from Henry's. Boyle said the volume of a gas at a constant temperature will vary inversely with the pressure exerted on it.

Henry' said the amount of gas that is dissolved in a liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas above the liquid when the temperature is kept constant.
    Retired and loving it.