Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TBSE on a very long radiator

phloaw
phloaw Member Posts: 9
I have a 225cm wide, 45cm high radiator on a standard vented, 8mm microbore two-pipe, fully pumped system.

I am getting rid of its old twin entry radiator valve to install a trv, so I need to decide where to position it and the lockshield.

Easiest option would be TBSE (top-bottom, same end) on the left side of the radiator, with a bleeding valve on the top right corner of the radiator.

However, intuitively, I imagine that with such a long radiator, even if the circuit is pumped, hot water could have a hard time getting from the left end to the right end of the radiator if both valves are on the left end.

Does this make sense, or TBSE will work nevertheless?

Thanks!

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    Danfoss makes several valves with a lance that are designed to feet a radiator from a single tapping and that a thermostatic head.
    kcoppphloaw
  • phloaw
    phloaw Member Posts: 9
    mattmia2 said:

Danfoss makes several valves with a lance that are designed to feet a radiator from a single tapping and that a thermostatic head.

Thanks! I had a google and they all look like twin entry valves. Do you know if they also make standard TRV valves with a lance?
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    You could probably make one by sweating a bushing and piece of copper tubing through a male adapter where you file/ream the stop off of the bushing.
    Dave T_2