Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dead Men Tales: The Magical History Tour

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited May 2021 in THE MAIN WALL

The Magical History Tour

At the turn of the century, the crowded quilt of lower Manhattan was teeming with manufacturers of heating equipment and the spirit of invention. In this episode, Dan Holohan takes us on a walking tour and shares little-known stories of heating history.

Listen and subscribe here.

Thank you to our sponsor SupplyHouse.com.

Comments

• aohare
    aohare Member Posts: 5
    Love all your stories, Mr. Holohan! You are the "true, mad genius" of heating!
  • Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 393
    It would be great to see a picture of that map. Or better yet a version in Google maps. 😁
    mattmia2
  • TomP
    TomP Member Posts: 11
    Great story! Thanks
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    Super fun as usual, thanks Dan and Erin
  • HammerHead
    HammerHead Member Posts: 7
    Thanks again for all the podcasts. I been listening to them all lately.
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 420
    Dan, thank you for that memory. Although that was a few years ago, I remember it like it was yesterday. Maybe it's time for us 3 to finish that tour. I promise not to be as late as I've recently moved to Alex Daylight Time! And I still have the clock you gave me, set to A.S.T.!
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
    Erin Holohan Haskellmattmia2
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    I wonder if Kieley became part of Kieley Mueller, a specialized valve company that had offices in Middletown?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate you all, and especially you, Alex. You always come through, in time. 🍷
    Retired and loving it.
  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Dan you did it again with pros so descriptive that I visioned the streets of lower Manhattan with the bustling crowds and of coarse the memories of my tours of historic Manhattan where I walked the streets with my kids and grand children teaching the the history of what used to be the greatest city in the world. At 80 years old much of my life are memories and some of the best ones are my time in your seminars, our trips around the New York City Housing Authority and leads you gave me for my consulting company.

Thanks again for your trip down memory lane.

Jake