Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need someone to install a Rinnai Combi Boiler in Los Angeles

mschilli
mschilli Member Posts: 2
edited April 2021 in Radiant Heating
Hi guys,
I just replaced a hot water heater and boiler (for radiant heat under floors) with a Rinnai Combi Boiler, only I think the guy who installed it installed it incorrectly. He spent 10 days trying to make it work but we still don't have heat. I'm not a plumber, but I think there's a check valve installed the wrong direction that is preventing water from entering the boiler. He had also installed the pump backwards initially (I watched him detach the pump, turn it over the reverse direction and re-attach it). Is there someone experienced with these boilers who could help me? We've gone 10 days without heat and hot water and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Thanks! Melissa

Comments

• mschilli
    mschilli Member Posts: 2
    BTW, the people at Rinnai gave me a number for a plumber to call with a case number. They will walk a plumber through fixing it. Now I just need a plumber!
  • I wish I could help, but the drive from Berkeley is a bit much.

Email Larry Weingarten in Monterey. Maybe he knows someone.

lweingarten@outlook.com
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    kcopp
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hello @mschilli , I contacted a fiend who knows plumbers around the LA basin. If you can email or PM me, with an idea of your location, I'll let her know and she probably can come up with a good plumber for you.

Yours, Larry
    kcopp