Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann yearly maintenace help...

Skyline
Skyline Member Posts: 152
My Viessmann 222-F, B2TB combi-boiler is six month old and looking for a company to do the yearly maintenance. The service will be needed this fall, but I'd want to do the research and find the right entity.

Does anyone know a reliable entity for Veissmann boiler maintennance in Lower Fairfield County, CT area? More specifically in the Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk area in the same state?

TIA...

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Try the Find a Contractor here?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    What happened to the installer? 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Skyline
    I've already tried "Find A Contractor" here and found one, who did not respond as of yet. The others are too far and doubt that they'd would drive an hour or more one way to perform the yearly maintenance.

The ""Find A Contractor" page is skewed, when there's a large body of water, like in my case the Long Island Sound between us. Contractors on Long Island are only 15-20 miles air distance away, but their travel toime would be over an hour. Close to similar travel time as for @GW in MA, if he'd decide to take me up on it.

The installer is an option, that I'd like to change for a number of reasons, but let's not go there. After all of the things I've learned about the mod/con boilers, I'd prefer someone with more experience with Viessmann boilers. It's one thing to install a boiler and another to actually take the heat exchanger apart, service it and put it back together. As the Piano Man stated...

• GW
    Yes, as you know, these systems require ongoing luvin. Many folks don’t realize they should pay equal attention to future servicing needs. Most of us just focus on the sticker price. Which is understandable. We’re a little bit hawkish, as many (certainly not all) contractors are. If you buy from us, will jump up and down in the future (I use that phrase loosely). 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,979
    edited March 2021
    Did you try the Viessmann "Contractor Locator"? They show one in Stamford.

https://myviessmann.com/contact-a-vipro/
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Skyline
  • Skyline
    @GW...
    I do pay attention to the maintenance and well aware, that this is not a traditional CI boiler. The "sticker price" had been shocking and that, and my general awereness of machinery, certainly warrant some "luvin..." I do wish that, my location is close to you, but it seems there's one Viessmann in Stamford after all.

@Alan (California Radiant) Forbes...

I did call and emailed the Stamford company last year, but received no response, so I moved on. They may have had some pandemic related issues and thankfully, they are a ok. Today, they actually picked up the phone and had a conversation with the service tech. He's actually trained by Viessmann and seemingly knows my model in and out. We'll discuss the details of the maintenance when we schedule the work, but I am looking forward having him over to service my boiler. Thanks Alan...

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated...

• GW
    Best of luck hope it all goes well 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,979
    edited March 2021
    If they regularly service Viessmann equipment, they should have some often worn out replacement parts on their truck; ask them if they do. It can save you having to pay for a second trip. Common items are:
    - flame probe
    - igniter
    - target wall
    - refractory
    - 3/8" air vent

In addition, I encourage my customers to keep these parts at their house just in case the technician doesn't have one on his truck.

And I think I remember you saying that you checked to make sure your boiler is not part of the heat exchanger recall, correct?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Skyline
  • Skyline
    @Alan (California Radiant) Forbes...

You have a better memory, than I do, had to check at Viessmann's site. My boiler is not part of the recall.

That's going to be good question to ask the service tech, thanks. The downloaded parts catalog has these parts, but I have no clue of the cost for them. While I understand the logic behind having these parts at home, the chances are that it is cost prohibitive for a six month old boiler. Maybe by the next heating season there will be some of the parts at home. After all, not having heat is not an option at that time...
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes