Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Coleman Echelon 9S series manual/ fan speed control

Icarus
Icarus Member Posts: 143
Friend has a Coleman Echelon 9S series single stage, single speed forced air furnace. It currently blows too hard with not a large enough Delta. I am looking to decrease the fan speed, but can’t seem to find a manual on line. Any help would be appreciated either to find a manual, or a link to the technique to use. As with most FA furnaces it usually is a simple matter to properly position the dip switches. Thanks in advance for any help.

Icarus

Comments

• neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,690
    isn't the line diagram under the cover?
    known to beat dead horses
  • Icarus
    It may be...I am trying to “diagnose” from afar. I may have to take a special trip out there. The owner is not capable of removing the cover, nor reading the diagram to me.

Icarus
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Blows too hard with not enough delta? What exactly are you trouble shooting?
  • Icarus
    Trying to see if we can better manage the fan speed. The net in the house is plenty of BTUs, but we (the client) would rather have less air at a higher temp to quiet noise as well as reduce cooler draft. Every install manual I’ve ever used shows a return air temp and a supply temp for a proper rise. I’m guessing that the fan speed is too high given the size of the house.

Icarus
  • Icarus
    Found a copy of the book...the owner had it. Turns out it seems to be the only forced air furnace/handler that is not easily configured for a different fan speed. The Control board has a tap for a low speed cool, but there is no lug on board, AND there is no low speed tap for heat, so altering it is a no go. The Delta T was barely acceptable, ~38f. Suggested range is 35-65f.

Thanks for the help.

icarus
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    This is how they the efficiency numbers to the high 90's.
    Put a merv 13 1" filter in and see what happens! Just kidding don't do it ;)
    D