Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil feed pipe route

Options
dr46
dr46 Member Posts: 1
Hy all,
Replacing old lpg with oil. My question is; The feed pipe has to enter the building foundation wall under the floor level at the rear of the property and run under floor up to the boiler 7m from that wall entry point, where the boilers installed.
Is it acceptable to run the fire valve from the boiler to the point of entry at that distance with the feed effectively in the house for 7m? Routing round the outside of the building isnt an option.

Thx in advance,
DR

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Your tech should know the code and best practices. Can't really understand what you are trying to explain.

I'd avoid an outside tank, especially if you're in any cold climate. Judging by you using meters, I'm assuming Canada.
    Firomatic required where oil line enters the building, then one at the burner, by code.
    So I would do Firomatic, double filtration, then OSV if it's a gravity run. Then jacketed copper oil line to Firomatic at the burner.

Outside tank, needs to be treated with a pour point suppressant, to lower the pour point, and should contain something to disperse water, more so if using bio.
    steve
    dr46
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Maybe your are asking if the oil line can enter the building and stay underground all the way to the boiler. Yes as long as the first entry point is at the boiler. If it's concealed under the concrete floor and continues outside without being exposed I don't see an issue