Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

2 pumped zones with L8124A and RA89A?

Options
Currently installing boiler and trying to use the equipment that came with it. I do not know how it was installed previously and am not very familiar with controls.  I have everything plumbed, 2 circ pumps on 2 zones, but I'm not sure how to connect the relay and aquastat, or if its possible with this relay. They are as listed in the title, and there's only one relay. Any place to find a diagram or description of connections? Thanks!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    The main zone you wire that pump to C1 & C2 on the L8124A. The thermostat that goes with that zone goes to T & T And of course you have to wire power to it.

The second zone the thermostat for that zone goes to T & T on the RA89A and the pump the hot wire goes to terminal 4. Terminal 1 & 3 get jumpered. The neutral white wire goes to terminal #2 and to the circulator for that zone.

120 volt power goes to 1 & 2 on the Ra89A

But there is more to it than that and you have to make sure all the safetys work when you are done. I would suggest getting an HVAC tech or an electrician to hook this up and test it out