Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laing SM-303-BS circulator pump

Options
My house has an oil fired boiler and baseboard radiation. I have a finished basement that is heated with a Turbonics Chill Chaser II Model CC-A-R. It was installed about 33 years ago, about 1987. The circulator pump in the Chill Chaser is a Laing SM-303-BS. The shaft on the motor assembly has broken. The motor assembly is easily removed and I would like replace it and leave the pump housing which is soldered in place. Are replacement motor assemblies still available for purchase? My Internet search has not found any, however it looks like newer models of the Laing pump use the same motor assembly. If I purchase a new Laing pump (say LHB08100080) do you think the motor assembly work with my pump?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    Laing is part of Xylem, or B&G, somehow. I’m pretty sure the B&G Vario will fit. See if you can find a dimension sheet at their website
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • DaveLinCT
    DaveLinCT Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Bob, Thanks for the advice. I ordered a Xylem/Goulds, Laing Thermotech E Series pump. I need a 120V ac pump. The housing on my cabinet heater has a 2-1/2" diameter thread and the E Series is the same size. (E1-BCSVNN1W-06). Hopefully it fits.
    Thanks Dave
  • DaveLinCT
    DaveLinCT Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Follow-up: Installed the Xylem/Goulds, Laing Thermotech E Series replacement pump. Fit perfectly in the housing of the old Laing pump. Working great. Thanks.