Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Do you know what this is?

kwhs
kwhs Member Posts: 1
It was built in 1985. Does anyone out there familiar with this tubing? The tubing in concrete is 1/4" rubber hose connected to a proprietary manifold. The tubing is connected with sleeves that are pulled over the tubing connected to the manifold. One of the hoses has developed a leak and trying to find out if parts are available to fix it it at all possible.

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,718
    edited January 2021
    No wonder there is a leak. Surprised it did not happen sooner by the way the installer stretched the tubing to reach the manifold. Some of those turns are really tightly stretched.

Usually, there is some printing on the tubing that repeats every 2 to 3 feet with, markings to describe every foot (imperial) or meter (metric) so you can identify the tubing and the length. It appears your tubing has all the printing on the side we can't see, or it is covered by the paint, gypcrete, or insulation that is plastered all over it.

It may be PEX tubing which is a type of plastic (not rubber). The only rubber tube I'm aware of is Onyx, and your tubing is not that.

Can you scrape away some of the junk on the pipe to see if there are any markings?

Mr. Ed
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,718

Exactly what I was gonna say @EdTheHeaterMan.

Great minds think alike!

I wonder if that is true for us Idiots?

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Looks like Solaroll