Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Piping options for Crown Steam Boiler--Model# BSI138ENPZZPSU

I am getting  a Crown Stm Boiler--mod# BSI138ENPZZPSU, and I need diagrams of near boiler piping options, to avoid paying $1400 for Crowns pre-fab near boiler piping kit. Thank a million. What do you guys think of the Gifford Loop?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,682
    edited November 2020
    try this:

It's on page 15 of the IO manual.

You can actually enhance the minimum requirement by using a "drop header"

Not familiar with a Gifford loop, but you may be referring to a Hartford loop.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • gkimmeo
    gkimmeo Member Posts: 7
    Thanx a million. I am talking about Gifford loop, located 1/2" above water normal operating level.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    It's in the manual.
    The Gifford Loop has not been taken seriously by any steam boiler manufacturer. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because it seems to be the preferred piping method of just one guy: Henry Gifford.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • gkimmeo
    gkimmeo Member Posts: 7
    Guys, these R pics of a failed install. I hope that they R good enough to give you some idea on how to help me. All of the old piping is the return line. The old horizontal pic leading to the equalizer is the installers attempt at the Hartford Loop. The pics start on the right side of boiler, then the back and left side.
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,680
    @gkimmeo
    Pics ?
    known to beat dead horses