Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Logamatic 2107 - BFU remote control out of service

Options
Fape321
Fape321 Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone,

i am new to this forum and hope someone will be able to help me with a problem I experience for a couple of days with my Buderus Logamatic 2107 onto which a remote control BFU is connected.
For about one week, all the leds are blinking on the BFU which is thus not doing its job anymore.
I have verified the cabling and also tried with another BFU and this has not helped - same issue with other BFU and other cable.

Is there anyone from you who faced a similar problem and if so can tell me what the solution was ?

Actually with all the tests I made, I suspect the problem comes from the logamatic as such but as all other functions (including working without BFU) work, I believe I would not need to change the complete regulation - which would be very expensive >1500Eur - but probably only one of the modules inside such as the NM282 which I see I could buy for 10x times less money.

Any advise is welcome !

Note: I could obviously call an heating engineer but he's are stronger in fixing real heating system problems while my issus seems to be purely electronical. I am afraid he would immediately advise to change the full regulation module or even worse, the complete heating system.

Many thanks in advance !
Fape321
(Belgium)

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    Options
    Are you able to operate the boiler without the BFU? There is an emergency mode you can select until you get the problem resolved.

I find the best help comes from Buderus Tech Support.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Make sure the remote is on in the 2107 program ,The page and the paperclip button needs to be pushed to get in .Then look under heat circuit one .. The installer manual will help . All the lights will flash if remote is turned off on main control...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 285
    Options
    The BFU is for Radient Zone using heating circuit 2 and a 241 card in the 2107? or just for vertical shift of the heating curve?

Belgium, interesting, like to see some photos.
    What dose it have for a burner?

In the states if you run the 2107 in manual mode it will constantly run the pump on the hot water tank. If the boiler is 200 degrees the water tank will be 200 degrees. Be careful

Can run in manual mode, use separate control and relay for hot water tank.

Had a couple of these fail and swapped to honey controls and have seen zero difference in fuel use.