Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 EK 1

Options
Rambud
Rambud Member Posts: 1
20 years old with minimal problems. Part replacements a few times. Maintenance done every year. Maintenance conducted today, I was not home, and service man told my wife that chamber needs to be replaced but probably best to replace with entire new unit. Service invoice states, “Boiler needs new chamber kit as inner chamber is falling apart and insert in back is broken in half”. Thoughts, advice, guidance?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,164
    Options
    It can be repaired relatively easily,  if everything else is in good condition it makes sense to repair it.  It's a very reliable and efficient boiler, but you need to have it serviced by technicians who are trained and experienced with EK boilers.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they are the ones who damaged it.
    steve
    SuperTech
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Just put a new kit in it. That is a great boiler, but doesn't need replacing unless it is leaking, and I have never seen one do that.
    Rick
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    The chamber is very fragile .If the boiler is not leaking , just replace the chamber ....
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • brnrman1
    brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Rambud: This type of repair does happen sometimes although not very often it is a fairly easy task. We have all the parts on hand for your Service Company. They can replace the chamber and other insulating boards and you will be back in business in no time. You can see from the earlier posts there is no need to replace the boiler it has a Lifetime warranty on the vessel. We have a Tech Support line to assist the technician should they encounter a problem.

Roger Mitchell
    "Mitch"
    Energy Kinetics Tech Support
    "Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Senior Technical Representative
    Energy Kinetics
    CanuckerJellis