Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

L8148E Troubleshooting Help

ImTookie
ImTookie Member Posts: 2
I have a Honeywell L8148E aqua stat that was just recently replaced. I currently am not getting power out of the T and TV when trying to pull heat. When the unit is on and plugged in at lowest setting I get 24v coming off the T then as unit is turned up to pull heat. No volts are coming off the T or TV, the relay kicks on and the circulator seem to be fine. Any suggestions?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    The control has an internal transformer and relay coil. 1 side of the transformer comes out to T the other side of the transformer goes to the relay coil and the other side of the relay coil comes out to T so you will only read the voltage bleeding through the relay coil. Put a jumper across T & T and see if the unit runs. It also depends if your reading voltage with a digital meter which puts no load on the transformer or a wiggy which does put a load on it
    STEVEusaPA
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    No you will not , you closed the circuit between TV and T to pull in control . TV and T will be the same voltage at that time.
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    ImTookie said:

I have a Honeywell L8148E aqua stat that was just recently replaced. I currently am not getting power out of the T and TV when trying to pull heat. When the unit is on and plugged in at lowest setting I get 24v coming off the T then as unit is turned up to pull heat. No volts are coming off the T or TV, the relay kicks on and the circulator seem to be fine. Any suggestions?

Yes. don't put your meter on it, what you are describing sounds like it is working properly.

Perhaps you are not describing your situation properly. Maybe this will help.
    Is the heat working?
    Yes= don't do anything
    No = describe what happening like I'm cold, or it gets too hot.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • ImTookie
    ImTookie Member Posts: 2
    When I turn the system on I do not get heat or any kind action from the burner. I can hear the circulator fan running and the relay kicks on. I tried jumping it yesterday and was able to get the burner to kick on by jumping directly from W to B1. I’m not at the unit so I don’t recall 100% but I’m pretty sure it was to W that I jumped from
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    Jumping W to B1 is like putting a paperclip in both sides of a wall outlet. DEAD SHORT!

Perhaps you're mistaken in your description. If you explain things using incorrect terminology it will be difficult to help you.

This is the internal circuitry of your control. does this help?

Remember if the heating boiler is up to operating temperature and the pump does not take the heated water out to the heat emitters, the burner will stop if the high limit temperature is reached.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics