Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TACO 007e

kherring
kherring Member Posts: 9
edited October 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
I have a taco 007e that was just installed a few months ago. The cold weather is here and the system was working fine. Now I get a flashing red light followed by 2 blue light flashes and there is no heat/water flowing into the system. What does the flashing light mean?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Air or most likely locked rotor.
    Do you know if the system was purged properly after install and that it worked?
    Get your installer back out. If it's locked they'll have to drain system (if you don't have isolation valves).

Taco instructions:
    Unlocking Procedure:
    A red light in the LED indicates the circulator is locked or sticking. Disconnect and connect power supply to start the automatic
    release process. The circulator makes 100 attempts to restart (process lasts approximately 15 minutes). Every restart is signalled by a short white flash of LED light. If the locking is not removed through the automatic release process after 100 attempts
    to restart the circulator, it goes into standby and the LED remains red. In this case follow the manual procedure described in the
    next steps: during any attempt, the red LED light keeps blinking; after that the circulator tries again to start. If the locking is not
    removed through the automatic release process (the warning light returns to be red), perform the manual steps described below.
    1. Disconnect power supply - the warning light switches off.
    2. Close both isolating valves and allow cooling. If there are no shut-off devices, drain the system so that the fluid level is
    beneath that of the circulator.
    3. Loosen 4 motor bolts. Remove motor from casing. Carefully pull the rotor/impeller from the motor.
    4. Remove impurities and deposits from the impeller and casing.
    5. Reinsert the rotor/impeller into the motor.
    6. Connect power supply. Check for impeller rotation.
    7. If the circulator still doesn’t run it will need to be replaced.

steve
    SteveSankherring
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 233
    I couldn't of said it better myself @STEVEusaPA . If you need any assistance kherring please call into Taco Tech Support 401-942-8000 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    SteveSan said:

I couldn't of said it better myself @STEVEusaPA . If you need any assistance kherring please call into Taco Tech Support 401-942-8000 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST.

Those are Taco's words...lol
    steve
    SteveSan
  • kherring
    Thanks guys. I did just what you said and a piece of soder fell out into the bucket I had to catch the water. Put it all back together and it still is not pumping. So I guess I need a new unit.
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,889
    kherring said:

Thanks guys. I did just what you said and a piece of soder fell out into the bucket I had to catch the water. Put it all back together and it still is not pumping. So I guess I need a new unit.

Now you probably have air in it. Did you purge the loop after reinstalling the cartridge?
  • kherring
    No, How do I do that?
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    when it is powered up, what do you see by the LED light built into the Circ? Is there any pattern to the light?

What do you mean it's not pumping? The 007e is extremely quiet so you are not going to hear it moving any water.

Are the pipes getting hot before and after the circ?

Here is a sequence on how to purge.

Dave H
    kherring
  • kherring
    I figured it out. Thank you!!!
  • kherring
    David H. Not pumping means pipe hot below pump but not above pump. Sequence is red light then 2 white.
  • jeffydiver
    jeffydiver Member Posts: 2
    Here's a trippy one: Flow going backwards. I have a Laars JX200 and after installation and purging, I go for start up. Lights come on normal indications, energizes with pump light stating Orange - Normal. I feel the return piping and it gets hot while the supply side is cold. Check rads and find return side is warm while supply side is cold. I isolate boiler, drain down and pull off Pump. Either O-ring was trapped under impeller back-plate or it happened upon removal ? I notice Diverter Plate in the well mount, there's only one position it can mount. Bench test pump and find it's rotating clockwise facing impeller. I'll see what happens after re-installation, but I can't have a supply pump forcing hot water through the return. The embossed indicator on the Iron is S for supply and R for return. I'll probably have to call Laars to see what has be altered ?