Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell standing pilot gas control

Has anyone else had issues with a major noise problem with the Honeywell 24 volt standing pilot gas controls after about 2-3 years of service? We have had so many suddenly start a vibration noise from the coil area that we switched brands. Had another one today. Just curious how prevalent a problem this is or am i just jinxed.
gwgillplumbingandheating.com
Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    No but we’ve been having more issues with spark ignition controls.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    edited September 2020
    My EG series is spark but when the Honeywell cgv was about a year old it started buzzing loudly.  I ended up replacing it.  It was a 2011.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Mine was a spark ign. on a Buderus. After two years very loud buss. Buderus said they were real sorry but I should call Honeywell. I could never understand why the little guy always get stuck. Like there is never a cop around when you need one.
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Thanks guys. I always feel better after ‘venting’..lol..the weird part isi only see this problem with Honeywell..maybe it happens with the other brands but Honeywell is just so prevalent.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    Not to rob your thread Gerry but I’ve been having a lot of issues with vent dampers failing within a year or two. 
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Do you mean like an L8148 ?
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all