Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitodens 111W vs 222W - which one to get?

Options
Lukax96
Lukax96 Member Posts: 2
Hello!

I am changing my heating in the house and replacing the old boiler with a new one. I am deciding between Viessmann Vitodens 111W and Viessmann Vitodens 222W.

The price difference between the two is 1000€ (obviously in favour of the allegedly inferior 111W), so I am wondering - is 222W worth it?

From what I understand the 222W gets me remote monitoring that the 111W doesnt, which is nice, but obviously isnt worth 1000€. The only other thing Ive noticed is the modulation - the 111W has 1:6 ratio, whereas the 222W boasts with a 222W. Im not a tech guy however, so I've no idea what this means.

I mean, generally I get the idea I believe, its like upshifting a car further when you dont require that much power anymore, but the question is - how much will this save me, if anything?

Is there anything else Im missing? Any other perks the 222W has? If not, how long do you reckon it'd take me to save that extra 1000€ I paid for the upgraded version, and get it "back" thanks to lower bills?

Any help and advice will be much, much appreciated! Thanks all in advance.

Regards,
Luka

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Lukax96
    Lukax96 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry, but Im not sure what this is supposed to mean. Ive read the manual, but I dont see it; am I breaking the rules somehow? Is this discussion not allowed?

Please add more details...

Thanks,
    Lukax
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    One of the rules is we don't talk price
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,637
    Options
    Turn down ratio is how low the output can modulate down. It isn't much about cost savings but it can be about comfort and possibly even proper function depending on if for example the boiler is upsized to handle a domestic hot water heating load or the zones are very small.

The higher turn down ratio means especially when it is warmer out the output of the boiler will be able to modulate down further to better match the demand and run longer cycles.

It looks like both are about 6:1 turndown ratio however.