Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Location of Spirovent/ H20 feed when using a LLH .. what about purging the system?

Options
TAG
TAG Member Posts: 755
My previous old house restorations have all used radiators --- So I have always used Buderious CI boilers and followed the basic "pumping away" layout. My new house is all new floor radiant. Viessmann wall boiler w/ Indirect using the Viessmann LLH ...... there does not seem to be a single spot that everybody uses for the Spirovent and water feed. Viessmann seems to shows them together on the hot out-feed of the LLH to the manifolds .. so w/o any advise countering this .... my plan was to do it that way with the H20 feed using the lower tap of the Spirovent.

Purging the system is another question -- the nice thing about "pumping away" is with a 1 1/4 valve prior to the Spirovent and a 3/4 purge valve with hose fitting prior to the 1 1/4 valve -- it was an easy thing to close the 1 1/4 and use the H2o feed to purge the whole system back out through the 3/4 and hose. Opening and closing each manifold one after another

How do you purge a system with a LLH

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    Either of the top connections is fine for air elimination. The expansion tank can connect at any port it turns the entire LLH into the point of no pressure change. I prefer one of the bottom connections as the tank is in a cooler fluid, not a big deal if you are running a low temperature system

If you do another, consider a Sep 4 LLH, it does everything in one “container”
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Options
    How do you set up to purge ...? The LLH makes a bit more complex

I do like how the sep 4 has the air elimination -- The Viessmann has a sensor in the LLH
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    A shut off and purge cock at the return to the sep for purging.
    All flow to the distribution needs to return to the sep, purge it there.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream