Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus g115 with riello direct (balanced flue)

I just walked up on a Buderus g115ws/4 with a riello r40 bf3 that's all sooted up. The last company stopped taking the customer's calls and now the boss wants me to get married to it. I'm looking at the riello set up specs and it looks like the WS isn't specified with a direct vent set up. Does anybody have any thoughts on it? Is it a mis match that will never fly or regular business?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I would give it a thorough cleaning, make sure there's no flue or combustion air restrictions, set set the burner to the spec's of the G115/28.
    Is it an OEM burner with the *Reverse airflow turbulator disk?
    Air tube and insertion depth correct? Do you have Riello pump pressure and vacuum gauges and a digital combustion analyzer? It could very well be oil related and not the burner/boiler setup at all.
    BTW, I am curious why the WS isn't spec'd for direct vent so I emailed Bosch Buderus and asked. I should hear back by spring. Unless someone here can shed some light.
    stonebutson
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Lol on hearing back. Might be as simple as they never bothered testing it.
    If Buderus won’t confirm, try Riello. I’d call Joe Sacco.
    steve
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Well it looks like a G115 is a G115 is a G115. Direct vent for any G115 as long as the correct burner kit is used.

STEVEusaPAnewagedawn
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    try setting up the burner and check the draft, also check the vent specs
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • stonebutson
    stonebutson Member Posts: 24
    A real hot rod. Vacuum cleaned the block and found a short gun line in a long blast tube. Retention head was sitting about six inches behind the throttle ring. Waiting on an OEM flange/tube from the vendor. thanks for the responses. that was my big question,  is a 115 the same as a 115 which is the same as a 115? I'll let you know how the final tweak goes.