Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rads for Free

acwagner
acwagner Member Posts: 505
edited September 2019 in Buy, Sell, Barter
We're remodeling and have two radiators that don't work for the new layout. They're looking for a new home. Both radiators are set up for single pipe steam system.

Rad #1
American Radiator - Corto style. 20 inches tall. 6 tube, 25 sections. Catalog lists EDR as 75. Comes with original spud/matching valve. Original bronze colored finish in good condition.

Rad #2
American Radiator - Corto Style. 38 inches tall. 5 tube, 9 sections. Catalog lists EDR as 45. Comes with original spud/matching valve. Original bronze colored finish in good condition.

I'd rather them find a new home instead of getting scrapped. Private message me if you're interested.

Two photos posted below. I can send additional photos for those that are interested.

Post edited to include EDR ratings and photos.

Burnham IN5PVNI Boiler, Single Pipe with 290 EDR
18 Ounce per Square Inch Gauge
Time Delay Relay in Series with Thermostat
Operating Pressure 0.3-0.5 Ounce per Square Inch

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Definitely don't scrap them.
    You should post the pics.
    steve
    JakeCK
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2019
    I'm tempted to pick em up my self but I have no way of getting that big one. :S thing has got to weigh in at close too 1k lbs. I wonder how hard it would be to get the plug out of the bottom and a bushing in?
  • acwagner
    acwagner Member Posts: 505
    My guess is the big one is between 500-600 lbs based on a rule of thumb of 7-8 lbs per EDR I found on a heatinghelp posting.
    Burnham IN5PVNI Boiler, Single Pipe with 290 EDR
    18 Ounce per Square Inch Gauge
    Time Delay Relay in Series with Thermostat
    Operating Pressure 0.3-0.5 Ounce per Square Inch

• bleeder
    bleeder Member Posts: 30
    Do you still have the radiators
  • MatthewKlein
    MatthewKlein Member Posts: 13
    JakeCK said:

I wonder how hard it would be to get the plug out of the bottom and a bushing in?

Used an acetylene torch when I changed the fittings in my radiators. Got them good and hot, air cool. Had no difficulty but my experience is limited to 6 radiators.