Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Logamatic 2107 question

JimM66
JimM66 Member Posts: 4
Simply a question on how my Logamatic operates, with regards to the switching relay (Taco SR503)

I noticed that my Taco SR503 has no indicator lights that are lit - no power LED, no zone LEDs. I do have hot water, and the Logamatic does have power.

Cycling the power switch to the boiler/Logamatic results in the power LED on the taco briefly illuminating, before going dark.

Does the Logamatic shunt power to the switching relay as a power-saving feature, or do I likely have an issue with the Taco that will require service by a professional?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Does the display show WWSD Warm weather shut down?
    STEVEusaPA
  • HVACNUT
    What does the display say?

Terminal 63 in the Logamatic should connect to ZC in the SR503. This terminal will not be powered during WWSD or for condensate protection during the heating season.
    The SR503 should be powered constantly (green light on) via safeties. Its possible the contractor wired 63 to L1 Power on the SR503 but who knows. Need more info. And DHW is fine because that circuit is direct into the 2107.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited July 2020
    The relay should receive 120v power external of the control, and the power indicator light should be lit. The call for heat will be interrupted during WWSD as @HVACNUT mentioned.
    Edit. @HVACNUT Didn't think there was enough power on 63 to run a relay. 5 amps or something low?
    steve
  • HVACNUT
    edited July 2020
    > @STEVEusaPA said:
    > The relay should receive 120v power external of the control, and the power indicator light should be lit. The call for heat will be interrupted during WWSD as @HVACNUT mentioned.
    > Edit. @HVACNUT Didn't think there was enough power on 63 to run a relay. 5 amps or something low?

That's what I was taught way back when. When it was plain old Buderus. ZC doesn't see the load of the circs.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 177
    I'm curious, check the wire to ZC with an amprobe sometime to see if the circs are or are not getting power through 63 and ZC. My understanding is that they are, and the Taco relay constant power is feeding the 24 volt side only when there is no jumper on ZC-ZR. I've never checked, though. Noel
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    The 2107 will shut down the heat zones if the outdoor temperature rises above the set point , default 65* . Hot water would be connected to a different output off the control
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Your ZC is not powered. It is summer time right?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com