Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Master Tablets

dopey27177
dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
Rectorseal stopped making steam master tablets in 2017.

It appears that 8 way boiler cleaner is the replacement for Steam Master Tablets.

What a shame The tablets were discontinued. A small can with 36 tablets took up little space in my truck.

Now I have to worry about spillage from a 1 gallon container with a toxic and corrosive chemical in it.

Jake

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,589
    > @dopey27177 said:
    > Rectorseal stopped making steam master tablets in 2017.
    >
    > It appears that 8 way boiler cleaner is the replacement for Steam Master Tablets.
    >
    > What a shame The tablets were discontinued. A small can with 36 tablets took up little space in my truck.
    >
    > Now I have to worry about spillage from a 1 gallon container with a toxic and corrosive chemical in it.
    >
    > Jake

I guess not enough people were buying it.
    I guess I can switch to Rhomar for my treatment considering they're a great company. Or worse case make my own.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    luketheplumber
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    edited May 2020
    When SteaMaster was becoming scarce I picked up an extra bottle. It's a small boiler so i only need one tablet a year. I now have enough to last the rest of my life.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • kenlmad
    kenlmad Member Posts: 56
    At this snapshot in time, Amazon has 5 bottles for sale.
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    kenlmad said:

Gone now. :(
    BobC said:

When SteaMaster was becoming scarce I picked up an extra bottle. It's a small bottle so i only need one tablet a year. I now have enough to last the rest of my life.

Wish I'd done that. I have 10 left. Use about two a year. I hope it doesn't last the rest of my life.
    ChrisJ said:

I guess I can switch to Rhomar for my treatment considering they're a great company.

Is Rectorseal not a great company? I never liked T plus 2, but they make a lot of other stuff.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
  • Hap_Hazzard

Now I have to worry about spillage from a 1 gallon container with a toxic and corrosive chemical in it.

I'd pour it into a quart bottle to carry in your truck. The gallon jug is probably awkward to pour from anyway.
  • ChrisJ

kenlmad said:

Gone now. :(
    BobC said:

When SteaMaster was becoming scarce I picked up an extra bottle. It's a small bottle so i only need one tablet a year. I now have enough to last the rest of my life.

Wish I'd done that. I have 10 left. Use about two a year. I hope it doesn't last the rest of my life.
    ChrisJ said:

I guess I can switch to Rhomar for my treatment considering they're a great company.

Is Rectorseal not a great company? I never liked T plus 2, but they make a lot of other stuff.
    I like Steamaster and I've got a few other things from Rectorseal that I've always liked. I can't say I have any issues with them.

I should have said Rhomar is a great water treatment company. It's specifically what they do.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Hap_Hazzard
  • Hap_Hazzard
    ChrisJ said:

I should have said Rhomar is a great water treatment company. It's specifically what they do.

That makes sense. Does Rhomar provide better documentation with their products, like what the ingredients are and what they do?
  • ChrisJ

ChrisJ said:

That makes sense. Does Rhomar provide better documentation with their products, like what the ingredients are and what they do?
    At this point I'm only going by word of mouth and what their website looks like as well as the fact they will test your water and recommend proper treatment. They also sell "boiler fluid" which is pretreated water, so you would use only that, no added water etc.

https://www.rhomarwater.com/Steam_Treatment.html

Hap_Hazzard
  • Hap_Hazzard
    By the time I looked they were gone.
  • Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Darn it! I still have the remains of two bottles I ordered several years ago. I think I have enough for another year. They have allowed me to reduce my blowdowns to 2 or 3 per season, and even then, they are completely clear.
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
    ChrisJ
  • kenlmad
    kenlmad Member Posts: 56
    The Steamaster tablets keep getting restocked - they're now a couple bucks less than last month's price.

https://www.amazon.com/Rectorseal-68732-36-Steamaster-Tablets/dp/B008A3UEO6/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=68732&qid=1588708444&sr=8-12
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    Sid Harvey’s and United Supply have plenty in stock.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856