Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Honeywell DS06 DialSet PRESSURE REGULATING VALVES gauge replacement

Adolfo2 Member Posts: 32
I want to replace the gauge with a fancy oil-filled one. Does anyone know if it sits in a "Dry Well" within the valve OR do I need to shut off the water & drain the system to replace it?


  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 1,715
    I'm pretty sure you have to drain it. It wouldn't be able to measure pressure in a dry well. Temperature can be measured in a well, not pressure.