Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Motion picture recommendation

Options
Sal Santamaura
Sal Santamaura Member Posts: 529
With new content production mostly halted (what's already "in the can" is being doled out slowly) and many complying with stay-at-home orders, finding watch-worthy things has become somewhat challenging. Last evening we viewed "Still Mine," a 2013 release. It can be seen at no charge if one belongs to Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Still-Mine-James-Cromwell/dp/B01LWVO9B2

I highly recommend it to anyone who's ever dealt with codes and inspectors.
kcopp

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    What’s the general story line? Fiction, documentary?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Sal Santamaura
    Options
    GW said:

What’s the general story line? Fiction, documentary?

Based (more closely than is typical) on a true story. Quoting from the description in my above link:

"James Cromwell gives a tour de force performance in 'Still Mine,' a deeply moving love story about a couple in their twilight years. When Craig sets out to build a more suitable house for his ailing wife Irene, he is blindsided by the bureaucratic codes and officials. As Irene becomes increasingly ill, Craig takes a final stance against all odds to finish the house, in a truly inspirational story."
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    If I’m going with something from the trades, I’d rather watch Mac, especially if you had old school tradesmen in your family.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_(film)
    steve
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Hmmm that’s sounds very familiar. I remember a movie where some older dude started getting the runaround by some punk Inspector. I’ll check it out
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Sal Santamaura
    Options

If I’m going with something from the trades...

Craig Morrison, the real-life principal, wasn't actually "from the trades." He was a New Brunswick, Canada farmer attempting to do all the work himself on his own land.
  • flat_twin
    flat_twin Member Posts: 350
    Options
    If you haven't seen "World's Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins, I suggest checking it out. It's based on a real story about New Zealander Burt Munro who simply wants to see how fast his homebrew modified 1923 Indian Scout can go. Set in the 1960's, it's a great underdog story and one of the few movies I saw in a theatre where the audience applauded at the end. I think you'll find it on Netflix and/ or Amazon Prime.
    Grallert
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    > @flat_twin said:
    > If you haven't seen "World's Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins, I suggest checking it out. It's based on a real story about New Zealander Burt Munro who simply wants to see how fast his homebrew modified 1923 Indian Scout can go. Set in the 1960's, it's a great underdog story and one of the few movies I saw in a theatre where the audience applauded at the end. I think you'll find it on Netflix and/ or Amazon Prime.

YouTube has it for free right now too. Great movie.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15