Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco 1915 Installation Question

RPK
RPK Member Posts: 98
There's a warning message on the instruction sheet for this pump (Taco 1915) that says "Caution: Do not support, suspend or brace motor and/or bracket. Support provided by casing is sufficient for structural integrity of pump..." I can understand why the extra support is not necessary, but why is it so strictly forbidden? The pump I'm looking at has the motor shaft horizontal and a pretty sizeable motor hanging out there to the side. I can see that the installer had good intentions installing a bracket under the motor. I would prefer to have a better answer than "because Taco says so" when I point out that the bracket should be removed. My only guess is that tension on the motor may effect alignment in some slight way, potentially damaging the seal.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    RPK said:

...My only guess is that tension on the motor may effect alignment in some slight way, potentially damaging the seal.

You’re on to something:)

steve
    SteveSan
  • RPK
    RPK Member Posts: 98
    Thank you very much for your comments, Gary. That is exactly what I was looking for. Sometimes those mechanical detail drawings cause more trouble than they're worth.
    Dave H_2
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 234
    Everything that both Steve & Gary is correct on why we say never support or use hangers on our 100 , 1600, & 1900 series pumps. It will throw off the alignment, cause motor vibration, and seal damage. If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact Taco Tech Support @ 401-942-8000 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST WE are working from home and are available.
    RPK