Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Labor time to install radiant tubing.

Options
steveg
steveg Member Posts: 16
I have a new contractor asking me to estimate labor time to install radiant tubing in-slab with the tubing being attached to wire mesh with cable ties. This is a very large project with 15 manifolds and over 100 circuits with fairly long runs. Does anyone have any guidelines I could offer him?

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    There are so many variables, it would be hard to say. Is a pro doing the work, or a first-timer? Spacing of tubing? PEX or copper piping from the boiler room to the manifolds? How many people on an installation crew? Is a tubing uncoiler available for the job? What about time to install the boiler?

Is he asking how long it would take him to do the work or you? How do you fit in, i.e. are you a tradesman?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    You won’t know until you do your first one, and it will take 10 times longer than you thought.
    You have to either put in some time with some who has it down, or come up with your own ways to pick up speed/production.
    Don’t forget some repair couplings. If your paranoid like me you’ll want to be present during the pour, watching the pressure gauge...
    steve