Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC HC Gas Boiler?

hutchinsron
hutchinsron Member Posts: 28
Hi all,
Anyone have experience from a user perspective of IBC HC Gas Boilers? Our HVAC company is using them as part of a heating/cooling install but I don't see this brand mentioned with the "big boys". I appreciate your experience.
Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,976
    edited March 2020
    We've installed two of their SL boilers, one DC combi and just this month, an HC in San Francisco. Most of our jobs are small, so the HC 13-50 was a good match. I like their SL boilers for their side connections (either left and/or right) for Munchkin change-outs or tight locations.
    I can't say that the IBC boilers are flawless as we had issues with all - save one - of them, but they were minor (a bad ignition module, a faulty pressure switch and a glitch in the coding) and are working fine. Their tech. support is excellent and I plan on continuing to use their boilers.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    kcopp
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Between the HC, DC I have 75+/- in the field. Simple to work on, few moving parts...super cleaning friendly to clean. It is my fave. I plan on installing one in my next home.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    what area of the world are you in Ron? I have installed a number of them and had few issues with them. I did have one that my company messed up on install and I worked with the field rep to correct the issue. As mentioned they go out of their way to take care of any problems..they just want the customer happy..
  • hutchinsron
    I’m in the North Eastern US, Connecticut.
  • hutchinsron
    Thanks for the feedback on the boilers. Sounds like they are decent and I have total confidence in the install team, they are not cheap but I was pleased with the quality of their last install.