Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New primary control does not shutdown boiler

Options
Rob48xx
Rob48xx Member Posts: 21
edited March 2020 in Oil Heating
I posted this previously under new boiler but didnt want to confuse or complicate a previous post. I replaced the primary control unit that seemed to be faulty. The new unit is the Honeywell R8184G4009 which is the only one i can find right now especially with everything on lock down.

I have a aquastat control and wheni replace rhe primary control and fire everything up the boiler never shuts down almost like its not being told too and keep heating well above rhe high limit. When i turn down the hi limit manually it shuts off but that is the only time. I jumped the TT since the tstats terminate to the aquastat, though the old unit didnt need this. I get the sense i am missing an installation step somewhere.

Any ideas

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Well it's not the primary. The old one didn't have TT terminals. It was internal with intermittent (constant) ignition.

What model aquastat do you have?
  • BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Did you verify B1 from aqustat goes to the black wire on the 8184 with a tester? If you got a molex connector don't rely on color of the wire, test it to make sure it getting the correct signal from the aqustat.
    Rob48xx
  • Rob48xx
    Rob48xx Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Will take a look to confirm again the cabling