Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus 315/6 or Viessmann for waste oil

grobinson2
grobinson2 Member Posts: 2
Good evening Guys/Ladies/Those that identify as gender-neutral, :)
I am looking for a waste oil boiler. I have been a biomass boiler guy for years and have installed quite a few oil and LP boilers over the years but I am semi new to the waste oil boiler market. I am of course aware of the Clean Burn units and even own one of their furnaces. I am searching for a 400 mbtu output boiler that will be using a waste oil designed burner. I have received a quote from Inov8 for one of their systems that uses the Buderus 315/6 commercial boiler. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks again, Glenn

Comments

• BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 282
    Familiar with the inov8. It's got a needle valve to shut down oil flow. Not a fan.

There is no waste oil burner made to run in a BOILER. These burners do not run like Beckett, So take all that and throw it out the window. Ever try to sweat pipe with water in it?

To get a good burn you need to maintain with a L6006 180 with 20 degree diff. Do not run as a cold start. Triple aquastat would work.

Think of it as a controlled tire fire. Alot of attention from the owner is required. Any of these burners do not self adjust on fuels/viscosity.

A 315/6 You could easily be 55 gallons a day burn rate. Do you have a good supply of waste?

• grobinson2
    grobinson2 Member Posts: 2
    BDR529,
    Thank you for the info. I am going to go with Econo Burn. Thank you again,
    Glenn