Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Shoddy contractor, moral dilemma

2»

Comments

• diamond67
    diamond67 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry I don't have any technical advice, and it seems like you're going to have to fix it yourself.

But, since you mention that the bartender probably has more pull than the judge, you might just want to make sure the bartender knows that this guy has no clue with hydronics (unless they're related.) You could also ask the local hardware store for a referral to fix the horrible job this guy botched. They tend to get a lot of requests for referrals and would probably welcome the feedback on this guy (again, unless they're related.)

I used the contractor finder on this site and the closest one to our house is over 100 miles away. (Thank god for this site because I've been fixing things myself.)
    mattmia2
  • ch4man
    ch4man Member Posts: 296
    must be a Menards close by. any fool with a press tool can connect pipes. my one reason why i still like to sweat pipe. that requires more skill and just might cause better skills in hydronic design.
    its family, take care of them. then after do have a beer and burger at the local tavern and just intertwine just the facts of what happened to the bartender and how disappointed you and your grandparents were with the experience.
    dont whine, dont complain, just state disappointment.
    yeah, northern MN tiny town word spreads fast both good and bad. gotta be careful to not do more harm than good.
    you seem to me to want to take the high road and for that you should be commended
    just my 2 cents
    BillyO
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,888
    Funny you mention that- plumber guy's dad has a dozen siblings and between them, they own half the town. Including the bar and the hardware store haha. I'm not a big staple in town, I mean everybody knows everybody but I work fulltime in the metro 90 miles away so I don't get into town very often. This guy lives in town and is there every day, so he's a lot better known and is still "the guy" to call even though he sucks. I'm not the kind of guy to trash talk someone in town and gossip spreads like wildfire so it's probably in my best interest to shut up but if someone asks I'm not going to hide my thoughts!

I'm still on the endangered species list after shattering my ankle in Yellowstone 3 weeks ago, so I haven't been able to get over there and move the expansion tank as I can't carry my tools on crutches but I'll update you guys when it gets done. Post surgery follow-up tomorrow so I'll have a better idea after that but they'd originally said it'd be at least April before I could put any weight on it