Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Wedgie Factor

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited February 2020 in THE MAIN WALL

imageThe Wedgie Factor

Discomfort comes in two main types: The first is the type that we decide we can do something about. The second type of discomfort is the one that you think is normal, so you just accept it as such.

Read the full story here

GroundUp

Comments

• Noel Kelly_3
    Noel Kelly_3 Member Posts: 43
    Genius...best sales lesson ever!
  • Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 394
    Even funnier are hydronics folks who think all forced air heating system development stopped in 1969. 😁
    ScrimshawSolid_Fuel_Man
  • Scrimshaw
    Scrimshaw Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2020
    Great article, Dan...almost. I love the point you're making about comfort. The problem arises when you contrast an uncomfortable house that has a poorly installed force-air system with the same house made comfortable by installing a hydronic system properly. The problem with comfort wasn't the type of system; it was the installation.
    Voyager
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    I read a article that 90% of women wear the wrong size bra. So I told my wife I was thinking of going into the bra selling business door to door you know to help these women out. And asked her what she thought about that. She hasn't answered me yet. If fact hasn't said a word to me all week. Win win.
  • Voyager
    Scrimshaw said:

Great article, Dan...almost. I love the point you're making about comfort. The problem arises when you contrast an uncomfortable house that has a poorly installed force-air system with the same house made comfortable by installing a hydronic system properly. The problem with comfort wasn't the type of system; it was the installation.

Even when Dan is wrong, as he is about a well-designed forced air system, I still find his articles great reading. I hope he keeps at it for some time to come.

Scrimshaw
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Thanks, guys. I love a good conversation.
    Retired and loving it.
    Voyager
  • Voyager
    Same here. Particularly over a good cup of coffee!
    luketheplumber
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    Great story, we have all had the experience ,someone phones and says our furnace quit ,could you come over. The customer greets you at the door in their parka — in our part of the world everyone owns one— you go downstairs and low and behold that furnace is really a boiler older than your grandparents. People really do not know the difference, and In all candour why should they have to, that’s what we are for. Be Blessed Jack