Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessman Part

Options
RichardPaulMarsh
RichardPaulMarsh Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Gas Heating
I have a Vitodens 200 system, and I cannot find the part I need in the diagram... unless that means I have to buy an entire radial fan unit. Under the radial fan (Part #40) there is a flap that acts as a damper at the air intake, it is about 2"x1 1/2" and has two small extensions that act as hinges, it sits in a removable housing. One of the extensions broke off and I would like to replace the flap, but as close as I can get on the parts diagram is the entire radial fan. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
    Yeah. No fun finding that part.
    @RichardPaulMarsh . Have you tried Viessmann Tech support?
    They can help you on line or you can call them. 1-844-649-5886.
    Try them. Hope this helps.
  • PerryHolzman
    PerryHolzman Member Posts: 234
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I changed the exact same radial fan on my boiler because the vibration from it was causing other things to break (the spark transformer support tabs). The entire unit was noticeably noisy for the last few years and I had to wedge the outside cover to prevent it from noisy vibration.

Is the fan running silky smooth or does it have vibration. My guess is that the failure of the flapper is from vibration. In that case best to change the fan now before it causes other things to break.

To the best of my knowledge... you do have to buy the entire fan. It comes with all the appropriate replacement gaskets and seals.

It also comes with a new set of screws to remount the burner screen (usually you cannot get some of the old screws out).

It was not that bad of a job. Several hours... from a person who had never changed one before.

Note that at time of replacement my Vitodens 200 was 12 years old.

I wish you the best on this.

Perry
  • bat
    bat Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have a Vitodens 200 system, and I cannot find the part I need in the diagram... unless that means I have to buy an entire radial fan unit.

the part# is 7823950

it works with the following boilers (check against the first 7 digits in your serial number)

-7159 008 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7170 309 - 316 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7170 767/768 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7173 428 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7176 537/538/539 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7177 362 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7185 299 xxx xxx xxx,
    -7194 468/469 xxx xxx xxx

costs like around $30ish