Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Piping design help
This is my initial layout design
Heat load is 55,000 btu/hr
The mixing valves are not thermostatic but are just mechanically mixing valves so they follow the ODR reset curve with no smarts.
All the common piping is 1" except at the buffer tank which is 1-1/4"
the secondary circuit branches are 3/4"
A few questions
-Over all, does it look like I have everything covered??
- Does the varable speed pump, stay on as long as the outside temp is below my enable temperature. The boiler is only monitoring the temp sensor in the buffer tank so it will only fire when the tank falls below the setpoint of the ODR controller.
- what kind of check valves do I need in the panel radiator circuit because it doesn't have zone valves
- do I need balancing valves
- with the dirt mag separator do I still need a strainer
- Do I need a third pump in the secondary or is the pump at the outlet of the buffer tank work for the whole secondary side
- 116.1K All Categories
- 82.3K THE MAIN WALL
- 2.6K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 40 Biomass
- 399 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 1 Chimneys & Flues
- 1.5K Domestic Hot Water
- 4.2K Gas Heating
- 102 Geothermal
- 148 Indoor-Air Quality
- 2.6K Oil Heating
- 40 Pipe Deterioration
- 650 Plumbing
- 4.7K Radiant Heating
- 345 Solar
- 13K Strictly Steam
- 2.8K Thermostats and Controls
- 46 Water Quality
- 574 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 30 Industry Classes
- 64 Job Opportunities
- 11 Recall Announcements